PKX COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
PKX is committed to be the industry leader from an environmental, health and safety perspective. We all share in the responsibility to make PKX, our customers and the industry safer.
PKX’s proactive, comprehensive health and safety process is based on integrated management systems and results in continuous improvement. Safety is a core value and is pervasive in all our projects. Our training department provides options and resources to all employees, ensuring safety is a top priority.
Key Components to the PKX Safety Program
- A monthly safety observation(s) is required of every PKX employee.
- Immediate corrective actions are stressed.
- PKX provides hands-on training at all locations.
- Toolbox safety meetings are conducted daily.
- We aggressively maintain an injury/incident reporting system.
- Safety recertifications are conducted annually.
- Periodic safety refresher training is encouraged.
- Employee mentoring program
- Water blast and pressure wash
- Dry and wet vac
- 10K – 40K psi blasting
- Auto tooling
- Front-end loader, skid steer, PIT/AWP
- Powered purifying respirator (PAPR) with use of air
- Built-in fall protection devices
- Customer site specific
- DOT pre-trip/post-trip
- Defensive driving
- First aid/CPR/AED
- Industrial Training Services participant
- TransCanada qualified
- AEP qualified
- Marathon qualified
- ISNetworld participant
- PEC participant
- Veriforce OQ training
- NCCER training
OSHA & MSHA Training
- New Hire (includes OSHA 10-hour)
- OSHA 30-hour
- HAZWOPER certification